By Miranda Stewart
The Spanish Language Today describes the numerous and altering Spanish language on the finish of the 20 th century. appropriate for introductory point upward, this publication examines:
* the place Spanish is spoken on an international scale
* the prestige of Spanish in the geographical regions of politics, schooling and media
* the standardisation of Spanish
* particular parts of linguistic edition and change
* how different languages and dialects spoken within the similar parts impact the Spanish language
* no matter if new applied sciences are a chance or a probability to the Spanish language.
The Spanish Language Today comprises quite a few extracts from modern press and literary assets, a word list of technical phrases and chosen translations.