By David L. Washburn
Fabric from the useless Sea Scrolls seems in lots of guides. whereas a lot of the corpus has now seemed within the Discoveries within the Judaean desolate tract sequence, there are nonetheless fragments buried in vague journals and books that may be almost most unlikely to discover. This e-book identifies the entire passages within the Qumran files that comprise biblical textual content, either within the biblical and non-biblical scrolls. It offers particular bibliographic info, in canonical order, for finding each one passage within the released scrolls and compares every one to the traditional Hebrew and Greek types of the Hebrew Bible, noting either similarities and variations. it's designed to aid those that are looking to paintings with manuscripts and models to find the unique textual content of the Hebrew Bible. This paintings will attract scholars of Qumran, and either students and nonspecialists drawn to textual feedback of the Hebrew Bible. Paperback version is obtainable from the Society of Biblical Literature (www.sbl-site.org).
Read or Download A Catalog of Biblical Passages in the Dead Sea Scrolls (Text-Critical Studies) PDF
Similar old testament books
A notice Fitly Spoken explores major poetic units in the 4 alphabetic acrostic psalms present in booklet I of the Psalter. nearly all of scholarly opinion has been that those acrostics are poetically and artistically poor as a result of the writers’ and editors’ preoccupation with the alphabetic development.
A examine of the Pharisees, specifically as they seem within the New testomony and when it comes to Jesus. the most a part of the publication brings jointly an important Greek and Semitic resource fabric in translation. This allows reference, and it makes attainable staff and seminar dialogue of files that have hitherto been tricky to check in English.
All of us respect the hero. That individual who is celebrated for achieving monstrous issues within the face of even larger odds. but heroes are not outlined through their conditions, yet by means of their offerings. they're those that constantly decide to serve others, even if not anyone is looking at, and with out looking ahead to credits.
The essays via Shemaryahu Talmon awarded during this fourth quantity of his gathered experiences in English have been written opposed to the history of the momentous manuscript unearths at numerous websites within the Judean wasteland, together with nearly 2 hundred biblical or Bible-related manuscripts and manuscript fragments stumbled on at Qumran.
- Essays on Biblical Method and Translation
- The Old Testament and Ethics: A Book-By-Book Survey
- The Michal Affair: From Zimri-Lim to the Rabbis (Hebrew Bible Monographs)
- Reading Utopia in Chronicles (The Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies)
Additional resources for A Catalog of Biblical Passages in the Dead Sea Scrolls (Text-Critical Studies)
1) 4QLev' (4Q26a) DJD 12:198 Extremely fragmentary, identical to MT. Il@aleoLev ( I I Q I ) 34 A couple of scribal errors; otherwise follows MT. 44 A Catalog of BibNeal Pa~sagesin the Dead Jia Scrolls Lev 20:1-6 1IQpaleoLev (1 lQ1) Freedman, 1IQpaIeoLev (IIQI) 38. Generally follows MT Lev20:13 4Q367 DJD 13:350 Fragmentary; follows MT. Lev 20:20-24 IQLev (lQ3) DJD 1:52 Archaic script; fragmentary; mostly follows MT. Lev 20:27-2 1:4 4QLev" (4Q26a) DJD 12:199 Fragmentary; mostly follows MT. Lev21:6-11 I1QpaleoLev (1 141) Freedman, I IQpaleoLev (IIQI) 39.
7) MasLd Talmon, Erelz Israel 106 Fragmentary; identical to MT. Lev 9:12-13 MasLevb Talmon, fiefz Israel 107 Of no textual value. Lev 9:22-24 MasLevb Talmon, Eretz Israel 107 Very fragmentary; identical to MT. Lev 9:23-10:2 1lQLevb (I lQ2) DJD 23:3-4 Fragmentary; generally follows LXX Lev 10:4-7 1IQpaleoLev (1141) Freedman, Fragmentary; mostly follows I I ~ l e o L e v MT. (I IQI) 27. Lev 10:9-20 MasLevb Talmon, Ererz Israel 108 Very fragmentary; identical to MT. 40 A Catalog of t3ibiiml Passages in the Dead Yea Scrolls Lev 11:l-2 4Q365 DJD 13:284 8 ' 131 5 8yl Lev 11:l-21 (I letter v.
Ion Comments Exod 21 :35-22:5 4Q366 DJD 13:337 Fragmentary; may support some S M X X additions to 22:4. 3-4 4QpaleoExodm (4222) DJD 9: 105 Exod 22:6-7 4QpaleoExod" (4422) DJD 9: 105 Very fragmentary; only variant follows Sam. Exod 22: l I- 13 (1 letter v. 11) 4QpaleoExodm (4422) DJD 9: 106 Extremely fragmentary; identical to MT. Exod 22: 15- 19 2QExodb(243) (243) DJD 3:54 Of no textual value DJD 9: 106 Of no textual value. Exod 22: 16-19 (v. 4QpaleoExodm I7 N/ l letter v, (4Q22) Very fragmentary; follows sam.